Who are we? – Oskari Häkkinen
1) Name, title and when did you start working at Spatineo?
My name is Oskari Häkkinen and I’m Spatineo’s Managing Director and partner. I started in June 2021.
2) What do you do at Spatineo in practice? Tell us what kind of cases, projects and work you will be doing in the future!
As a managing director, I’m responsible for leading the company and its management team. I’m also responsible for Spatineo’s day-to-day work and implementing strategy. We are just finishing our strategic development project to enable our future growth. I’m really happy with the results we have already gained.
3) What is the best thing about your work?
The best part is meeting new outstanding people all the time, working daily with smart and creative people and continuously learning new things.
4) And the best thing about Spatineo?
Even if Spatineo is a quite small company we have good structures, strategy and the right people where we can build our future. An open atmosphere and culture that cherish learning and growing are the best things.
5) What technologies (geospatial or not) fascinate you the most? What technologies should be utilized more in the future?
I’m really interested in building new businesses around data and that’s in a nutshell what Spatineo does. Companies have lots of data and we have brilliant creative people who find ways to make data into useful information by combining different data sources. We also have the capability to build infrastructures for hosting the data API’s securely, ensure that data flows fluently and to create beautiful visualizations for the end user.