GeoConnections is a national partnership initiative led by Natural Resources Canada designed to facilitate access to and use of geospatial information in Canada through the development, integration and use of the Canadian Geospatial Data Infrastructure (CGDI). Through three five-year phases, a significant effort has been put to create an online network of resources that improve the sharing, use and integration of information tied to geographic locations in Canada.
GeoConnections aims at keeping Canada at the leading edge of accessing, sharing and using geographic information via the Internet. Quality of service is a key in developing a highly accessible and beneficial geospatial data infrastructure. Thus finding a tool for monitoring the service availability was a natural step for Natural Resources of Canada. The organisation uses Geospatial Web Service Harvester developed by Spatineo to identify web services that are part of CGDI, as well as to monitor and report on the CGDI web services. Up-to-date information on service availability enables them to identify high-quality services and pinpoint possible development areas.
In case you’re interested to discuss more about possibility of acquiring top level geospatial experts for your project, or maybe start monitoring the current usage of your spatial web services feel free to contact us with the calendar booking form down below!
- Spatineo auttoi Puolustusvoimia paikkatietoaineistojen hankinnan automatisoinnissaSpatineo auttoi Puolustusvoimia paikkatietoaineistojen hankinnan automatisoinnissa Puolustustusvoimien tavoitteena on tehostaa paikkatietoaineistojen hankinta-, käsittely- ja jakeluprosesseja mm. kehittämällä em. prosesseihin olemassa olevia automatisointimenetelmiä ja luomalla uusia. Toimeksiannossa tunnistettiin hankintaprosesseista automatisoitavia vaiheita ja asetettiin automatisoinnit potentiaaliseen toteutusjärjestykseen. Järjestyksen kriteereinä käytettiin aineistohankintaan nykyisin kuluvaa suhteellista aika-arviota ja automatisointiin kuluvaa suhteellista työmääräarviota. Työssä tunnistettiin […]
- Who are we? – Suvi-Tuulia “Suffa” HaakanaSuvi-Tuulia, also known as Suffa, is our latest team member, and her expertice is focused on GIS and especially ESRI solutions. What does she do in her normal working day, and what are her favorite GIS tools?
- Spatineo recognized as one of Global Top 100 Geospatial CompaniesSpatineo has been selected as one of the Global Top 100 Geospatial Companies of 2023. Read more about us and how we did it from this blog!
- What Is Geospatial Intelligence?In this guide, we explore more about geospatial intelligence, what it is, use cases, and examples, so keep reading to learn more.
- How to Make Data Flow in the CloudIf you only knew what your geospatial data would be capable of achieving in the cloud. If you want to make your data flow more efficiently, you need the cloud.
- Who are we? – Tiina LeTina Le is Spatineo’s HR Specialist, and her work involves making Spatineo a great place to work! Read more about Tiina and her work from out blog!